Saturday, December 09, 2006

drifters

so unfortanitly i was unable to go to the movie last night. But i spent the night with my family instead and we celebrated my brothers birthday (3 days early). my grandma come over and we had cake and all that good stuff. then we drove my grandma home.

me and my dad had an intresting conversation on the ride home affter droping the grandma off. there was dead silence in the car. the radio was not on or anything, my dad asked me what i was thinking. i was actually thinking of people that i have only meet once or have not seen since camp or kindergarden. i was and i still sometimes find myself wondering what they are doing now, were they live, and how there life is going. it is kind of funny how many people just seem to drift in and out of our life. it is also sort of cool how we seem to remember thoes people and wonder how much of a difference or impact they might have made in our lives.

there is this one girl i remember from grade 3, unfortanitly i cannot remember her name right now. but i do remember that we used to hang out alot we would go running acrosse the feild, chassing affter our frinds and have them come chassing back after us, but then at the end of that year she moved and i did not really hear from her again.

then there are frinds that i remember vividly that whent down the wrong path, turned to drugs and then moved away and i wonder what they are up to know and if there was anything that i could do or that i could still do to get them out of that direction.

it just seems odd to me to think that at one point you can know a person who is a really close frind of yours, or you can have strong feelings for and then they can leave or somewere down the road you dont realy know or they arnt really your friend anymore.. and do they wonder about you.

ya well thoes are my thoughts for right now. hope every one is having a great day.

-laura

4 comments:

AfterVerner said...

It would be better if I had some pasta, but it's a pretty good day. You wonder about those kids hey? Me too. But...that's nothing yet. About a year from now, we will have a lot more people to wonder about. All those kids who graduate...yup. It's impossible to stay in touch with everyone.

zeppelinphan said...

ya i know just think how many people we will be wondering about when we are our parents age?
-laura

Anonymous said...

...so I was thinking about this the other day...and I just found out that some drifters from my grad calss have some BIG news...one had a baby, and another is engaged!! Things change so fast...it's crazy!

zeppelinphan said...

liz your one of my heros, ya and that is so true