Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a night out with mom

last night i was bored and i decided that i would hang out with my mom. i know not the normal choice of a young adult on a afternoon when one could be out partying with friends and such. but i desiceded that i have not hung out with her in a while and it would be good to just go out to a movie with her and hang out. and there were a number of things that i discovered/learned when i went out with my mother last night.

1) mothers are way to easy to freak out when your driving: weather you are doing this on purpose or not. my mom started getting uneasy when i was driving a little bit over the speed limit and i only had one hand on the stearing wheel. being the irrisponsible young adult that i am. when my mom starts lecturing me to drive better. i start to drive worse. in my mind this seems like a better way to get her off my back then telling her to be quiet. this results in her yelling and me driving worse untill she shuts up and backs off and i start driving like a civilized person again. you would think my mom would stop being a back seat driver cause if she keeps that up one day she is going to kill us all.

2) its scary how the little things make you realize just how much like your mother you really are: so we were both sitting in the teater watching a movie. we were laughing at the same points at the same times. and there was one point in the movie were i was leaning against the arm rest with my hand under my chin. my left leg crossed over the right, my foot swining, and my left arm resting on my lap. and i looked over at my mom and she was doing the exsact same thing. i started to wonder did one of us subconciasly copy the other or is this just in our genes.

3) mom can make fun of old people too: it was so funny there was this old lady in the teater who keeped yelling oh no..oh no..no no no..oh no. she was getting to into that movie. and my mom and i started laughing everytime we herd her say it. then on the drive home my mom actually commented on it and we both started randomly yelling oh no and laughing even more.

4) with my mom sometimes i can talk about anything: so on the drive home from the movie. for some reason the topic of sex came up. i dont remember why or how but it did. (note for readers: not that im planning on having sex anytime soon but you know the topics do come up) in the end my mom ended up saying something like well just make sure you love they guy when you do anything. and use protection. and if you do get pregnant...ill take the kid, if your not ready. i could not help but laugh..leave it to my mom to take a serious conversation and turn it into her some how getting another little kid to look after... and i also really liked the fact that she actually had a conversation with me instead of using the parental bullshit scare tactics to prevent ones daughter from having sex. like i said not anytime soon just good to talk.


ya so that was a fun night. who would have thought you could have inside jokes with your mother...and have a blast.

OH NO OH NO..NO NO NO rofl

No comments: