Wednesday, March 29, 2006

work at the panorama

so today affter school was my first day of volentering at the panorama recreation center. it was so much fun. i am training to be a swimming instructer. i think it would be an awsome job for me because i love swimming and i love little kids. so anyway today was pretty cool. i helped teach three classes. the frist class was great i was teaching kids how to do front glide and back glide it was lots fun and we played some games that i remember playing when i was learning how to swim at panorma oh.. memorys.

the last two clasess were in the little pool and i was mostly playing games with the kids that tought them how to swim insted of just directly teaching them. we plyed motoerboat, klunk goes kurmit the frog, fishy in the middle and purple stew. it was awsomet. i also tought them how to do back float and front float. its funny some of the things like that, that seem so simple to us is something that you acctually have to teach but it was fun.

there was this one kid thoe who did not speak english and it was kind of hard to get him to do anything because i would tell him to go agenst the wall and he would just stare at me with a blank look so i would have to try and motion to him or show him. i am pumped right now i love working with little kids and i cannot wait untill next wednesday when i get to do it again.

it will be great if once i have all my volunteer work and training done if i could get a job teaching kids how to swim.
-laura

2 comments:

Bamboo said...

Welcome to the world of volunteering at panorama. You cannot help but fall in love with the kids and wish you could work there all the time. I'm glad you had fun i mean how could you not it included swimming. Have fun my fishy friend.

AfterVerner said...

Kids arent great all the time...Well, actually, I think I like their world better than the 'real' one. So yes they are. Alright, problem solved. I didn't learn to swim until I was 8 or so. And I'm pretty sure that last time I swam, I met a meal again. But swimming is great. One of the panorama lifegaurds pretty much saved my life once. I was young and hadn't been there for a while and forgot that the big pool got progressively deeper... Pulled me right out. Yup. You too could save lives.